Adenoma is called an increase in size of the prostate due to the natural tissue proliferation. In fact, this is a benign tumor. There is no doctor who exactly can tell why is this happen. There is an opinion that the growth of the tissues associated with a decrease in testosterone levels in the blood.
The causes of adenoma
In addition to reducing the level of male sex hormones, adenoma of the prostate can be provoked by age-related changes and by the number of inflammatory diseases. Apart from these — big weight gain, bad ecology, stress, etc.
Medical experts also called a sedentary lifestyle as the main reason. If you are doing mental work, we strongly recommend the regular walking and sports activities. If this not helps to prevent overgrowth the prostate tissue, then at least it will delay the process. Adenoma of the prostate — is one of the manifestations of male menopause, so the risk is exposed to every middle-aged man.
For proper diagnosis and staging prescribed uroflowmetry, cystography, aerocystography, cystoscopy, an additional blood test for PSA. The latest analysis, along with transperineal and transrectal biopsy, is carried out to eliminate the prostate cancer.
The diagnosis package «Adenoma of the prostate» includes these types of studies:
- A clinical study.
- Rectal palpation of the prostate.
- Microscopy of the secretion of the prostate and the urethra.
- Bacteriological examination of urine, prostatic and urethral secretions, semen.
- Determination of hormonal status.
- Identification of PSA for prostate cancer pathology.
- The study of quality of urination.
- Ultrasonography (including transrectal ultrasound indications) of prostate and other pelvic organs.
- Research of bioptat of the penis.