- Symptoms of bartholinitis
- Complications at pregnancy
- Bartholinitis treatment
- Complex therapy
Bartholinitis – is a gynecological disease, characterized by inflammation of the large Bartholin gland, located in the vestibule of vagina. The disease is not so rare. According to statistics, abscesses and cysts of the gland constitute more than 4% of disorders of the female reproductive organs. The most critical manifestations of age – up to 30 years.
The most common causes of bartholinitis – infections that enter the Bartholin gland. The first type – genital infections: chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas. The second type – pathogenic bacteria: streptococci, staphylococci, Candida, colon bacillus. Most often Bartholinitis occurs due to penetration into the body of two or three types of infectious agents.
They appear depending on the stage of the disease: chronic, acute, subacute, recurrent (repeat).
Symptoms also differ based on location: canaliculitis ( Bartholin adenosis, inflammation of the excretory duct of gland), cyst (fluid within the cavity), abscess.
Bartholinitis can be distinguished from other illnesses by symptoms:
- The body temperature rises significantly (up to 39 degrees and above).
- There is edema in the area of the labia majora, on the right or the left.
- While walking, mechanical friction, pressure, sexual intercourse – in the area of the labia – is felt pain, discomfort.
- There may be purulent discharge from the inflamed gland duct.
Complications at pregnancy
If you suspect a Bartholinitis, you should seek emergency medical attention. Up to 22 weeks of pregnancy, the fetus can be infected, and then there is the high risk of miscarriage. If the disease is caught up the future mother near the beginning of the birth, in the last weeks – there is a high risk of preterm delivery.
If you consult your doctor in time, the acute stage can be rather quickly cured. In chronic Bartholinitis you may need the surgery to remove a cyst. At the very advanced stage the gland is removed.
Diagnosis of bartholinitis includes laboratory and instrumental (with the help of modern equipment) research methods.
- Smear microscopy of genital tract (fence for the detection of microbial pathogens).
- Bacterial inoculation (to identify the causative agents of inflammation and their response to antibiotics).
- DSP (determination of the type of infection, provoking Bartholinitis).
- General blood analysis.
In our clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko we use only carefully selected medical therapeutic regimens. They are aimed at the rapid recovery option: Bartholin gland treatment with maximum safety for the health of the woman.
Complex therapy includes:
- Local, localized treatments on the affected area of exposure (eg, cryotherapy, antiseptics).
- Pharmacological treatment regimen (antibiotics).
- Surgical intervention.
Physiotherapy – is the best opportunity to repay the inflammatory processes in Bartholinitis and within a day or two to relieve the patient from the pain. In the center of the localized effects is the Bartholin’s gland, treatment of which requires a great deal of experience and skill of the doctor.
- BTL-5000 electrotherapy
- Pulse BTL-09 magnetotherapy
- Laser BTL-5000 therapy
- Ultrasound BTL-5000 therapy
- Microwave BTL-21 therapy
Powerful equipment of world manufacturers of the Clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko allows to treat Bartholinitis safely, avoid relapse, to allow the patient to avoid discomfort to the maximum during the procedure.