The adenoids – is a new formation of the lymphoid tissue in the nasopharyngeal tonsil. Risk of disease is that the child has difficulty breathing and this can lead to life-threatening consequences. In the clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko, the adenoids treatment is conducted at the highest level. After all, surgery is a last resort. The properly conducted therapy will eliminate not only the symptoms but also the root cause of adenoiditis.
Causes of adenoids
The main reason for the formation of the adenoids is the immune response to an excessive air flow to the lungs — their hyperventilation.
Growth of tissue in the tonsils reduces the gap for oxygen supply and blood levels. Precipitating factors for adenoids are the inflammations of the mucous membrane in the course of chronic diseases: scarlet fever, influenza, acute respiratory viral infection, measles, etc.
Degrees of adenoiditis
The adenoids in children, whose treatment requires a complex individual approach, have three degrees of development.
- Grade I — the upper part of the nasal passage or vomer (a bone plate in the nasal cavity) is closed .
- Grade II — two-thirds of the nasal passage or vomer are closed.
- Grade III — virtually the entire nasal passage or vomer is closed.
Adenoids, treatment of which requires great caution, increasing for two reasons. Endoscopy of the nasopharynx clearly shows them:
- It does not cause allergies or inflammation of adenoid hypertrophy.
- Swelling and inflammation triggered by an infection — viral or bacterial.
The most common age for problems with adenoids — from 4 to 6-7 years. Inflammation of the tonsils and the increase in the lymphoid tissue is observed on such grounds:
- It is difficult for the child to breathe through the nose. This is accompanied by lethargy, fatigue, headache.
- The voice is changed (hoarse with uncharacteristically accent). More quiet than usual.
- Frequent colds (tonsillitis, rhinitis, otitis). The body is relaxed and more open to penetration of infection through the tonsils.
- Hearing is deteriorated (pharyngeal opening of the auditory tube in the ear is blocked).
- Snore. This is particularly surprising to hear of a young child. Yet adenoids overlap the nasopharyngeal lumen and cause the characteristic sound of snoring in sleep, the mouth is open at this time.
- Problems at school, slow response, inability to engage in physical activity for a long time. The reason is too large adenoids, the third stage, when the entire lumen of the nasopharynx is blocked.
The removal of adenoids means to open the way for easier penetration of infections and significantly reduce the immunity. Besides, after a while, certainly manifest relapses. Therefore it is better to avoid the operation and have a safe treatment without surgery of the adenoids.
- X-rays of the sinuses
- Radiography of the nasopharynx.
- MRI diagnosis.
- CT (computed tomography).
Treatment of adenoids
The excellent effect, reinforced by the experience of the world medicine, gives a properly planned physiotherapy.
- Quartz Lamp Disinfection — neutralizes the harmful effects of bacteria, reduces inflammation, stimulates the microcirculation of fluids.
- Laser therapy BTL-5000 — reduces edema, removes the inflammation process. The introduction of the optical fiber into the nasopharynx helps to get into the most inaccessible areas.
- Pillar light therapy (phototherapy) — has a disinfecting, anti-inflammatory effects. Acute and otitis media, pharyngitis, tonsillitis heal much faster.
- Microwave therapy BTL-21 — effectively struggles with tonsillitis, rhinitis, and their effects, quickly reduces the swelling of the tonsils.
Thanks to the modern combination therapy, the treatment of adenoids in children at the clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko allows to virtually avoid the rehabilitation. It is necessary to eliminate foods that irritate the nasal passages from the diet: no spices, fried, too hot or cold. The dosed physical load mode helps to recover faster.