Professional facial peels: when and what to choose?
Why do you need peel? To rejuvenate the skin and to remove its roughened top layer. Remove it carefully, methodically, without affecting any extra micron of the dermal layer. And then the result is striking: the skin is restored, the cells are regenerated, you look much younger and fresher. This purpose is served by a professional facial peels.
What kind of peel to choose?
In our clinic we use innovative forms of of peels, which perfectly proved themselves in the world of European practice. This process is always strictly monitored by a doctor-cosmetologist. Types of peels, applied to clean and rejuvenate the face:
- Laser peel.
- Chemical (with fruit acids).
For best effect, chemical and ultrasonic peels can be combined with the mechanical. This will help to cleanse the skin when a person suffers from acne.
Indications for exfoliating
Do you think peel is only good for rejuvenation? No. It improves the quality of the skin, evens out its tone, handles with small cosmetic imperfections. Here are the conditions under which it is desirable to pass a professional peel:
- Keratomas (benign skin changes, often age-related, in the form of flaking, spots).
- Rough skin micro-relief.
- Brown spots, freckles.
- Stretch marks (striae).
- Scars of different nature, age and severity.
- Advanced or narrowed skin pores.
- Unhealthy color, skin laxity.
- Reduced tone.
Peels help to cope with different diseases: acne and post-acne, excessive dryness of the skin (xeroderma), ichthyosis (violation of the process of keratinization of the skin, most often explained by abnormal genetics).
There are situations where you can not use peels. This are acute infectious and inflammatory processes, wounds, destruction of the skin in the treatment area of the face. But there is an important detail: peel may be a method of treatment of many disease states. Learn more about contraindications.
- Viral and fungal infections (molluscum contagiosum, herpes, etc.).
- Eruptions of the inflammatory nature (peels can activate even more inflammatory process).
- Eczema, atopic dermatitis and other skin rashes of the allergic nature.
- Pustules, acne in the acute stage.
- Severe flaking of the skin as a result of the application of retinol. Before peels, you should tell your doctor about what external agents you are using, so that they have not caused uncontrolled deep penetration of acids under the skin, as in the case with retinoids. You must cease to apply them one week before the procedure.
- Epilation of the peel treated area must be carried out not later than one week before the peel, and dermabrasion — no later than six months before peels. Otherwise, the skin may be injured.
- Abrasions and cuts must heal. Only then the skin can be treated with peel. Otherwise, under the action of acids, the wound can become deeper and bleed.
Before you carry out the peel procedure (more refers to a chemical), it is necessary to do a test for allergens. Intolerance of certain components can provoke allergic reactions. Therefore, before the procedure you need to consult your doctor. They will explain better what components to include in the gel, and what should be the care for face after the peel.
How to take care of the face after the peels
Facial care after the peel procedures is prescribed by a doctor. Your actions depend not only on the type of the peeling, but also on the depth of the effects on the skin (superficial, medium, deep). The deeper effect on the dermal layer, the stricter rules of the facial care you should follow. General recommendations are as follows.
- The use of gels, creams, foams with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, hydrating effect. It is better not to use masks in the first 2-5 days , except those that are assigned by a beautician.
- Minimal use of makeup (or better a couple of days to abandon it altogether, so as not to clog pores). The skin after the peel actively breathes and quickly absorbs all that you have imposed on it.
- Do not use scrubs in the first 3-5 days, especially coarse grained, with an aggressive action. Otherwise you will cause skin micro wounds.
- Follow the hygiene and do not touch the face with dirty hands, so as not to carry infection.
- Avoid tanning (including a solarium) for 1-3 months. Ultraviolet promotes drying of the skin and photoaging.
Under these conditions, the peels are really effective — they will extend and accentuate your youth and freshness.