- The types of the IUD
- How to insert the IUD
- IUD — the best price for you
- How to prepare for insertion of the IUD
- Three myths of the IUD: do not fool yourself
What is IUD — intrauterine device? Only a small device similar to a letter T. But it is very useful, especially for those who are afraid of unplanned pregnancy. However, the IUD does not protect against infection. But a woman with the contraceptive coil can forget about oral contraceptives for several years, and be not afraid of getting pregnant if the intercourse occurred spontaneously.
The types of the IUD
Now there are two types of IUDs. Plastic, with the copper or silver wire around the base, and hormonal. How do they work? The copper (silver) coil allocates the ions of metal.
They prevent the penetration of sperm into the uterus. The hormonal coil acts the same, is only on the way of the male seed are hormones. As a result of such exposure, the egg can not be fixed in the uterus, and the woman is not able to get pregnant. Installation of an intrauterine device designed for this purpose.
How to insert the IUD properly
Only gynecologist has to do this and not the woman herself. She lies down on the examination table, the doctor inserts the IUD into the uterine cavity. A thin thread at the end of a spiral, is passed through the cervix, and is taking out to the vaginal cavity, to the outside. The thread is designed to coil can be removed when the expiration date passes. It is 5-8 years.
IUD — the best price for you
Many women are worried, how much it costs to insert the coil — it’s really inexpensive, especially compared with the cost of birth control pills or other contraceptives for 5-8 years.
It turns out that IUD — is the cheapest and safest method of protection against ectopic pregnancy. Moreover, it is rather reliable.
- High efficiency.
- You don’t need to comply with the schedule of reception of contraceptive drugs.
- Excellent for breastfeeding women — lactation is not violated.
- It maintains the quality of intimacy.
- Cheap, because it cancels the purchase of other contraceptives.
- You simply remove the coil to get pregnant, the recovery period is not required.
- The huge usage period: injected once for 5-8 years.
After installation of the IUD increases the risk of inflammation of the pelvic organs, especially in the first month and a half. During this period, you need to take precautions, not supercool, not to load yourself physically, reduce the intensity of sexual acts.
- The IUD can not be installed to women with pelvic inflammatory disease — it is necessary first to cure it (especially true for cervicitis).
- The coil does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- For the nulliparous girls it is better to choose the another method of contraception because of a narrow cervical canal and uterine cavity. Yet coil can be placed, if your gynecologist is recommended.
- You can not insert and remove the coil without the help of a professional gynecologist.
How to prepare for insertion of the IUD
Before you put the coil, you should always be examined. This will provide an opportunity to detect possible inflammation, infection, latent disease, excluding the installation of IUD. Contraindications include pregnancy, a woman is not aware about. That is why the preliminary medical examination is required. You will also need such analyses:
- Tests for STDs.
- ЭExpert pelvic ultrasound.
- Smears: from the vagina, cervix.
- Blood tests, including at WR, HIV, hepatitis.
- General urine analysis
If there are no contraindications, you can safely insert the IUD and enjoy a good quality sex life.
Many women are afraid to use coil, because their minds are full of false beliefs. What of the rumors about the coil are true, and what of them — lies?
Three myths of the IUD: do not fool yourself
The false statement that is worth to debunk. Any tampon will not move the professionally installed coil. However, taking care of your health, it is best to alternate tampons with pads — so you will save the internal sex organs from unnecessary loads in the critical days.
Myth №2. Now I have to go to the gynecologist every month.
Not certainly in that way. A month after the installation of IUD, in fact, you need to visit a gynecologist to check whether everything is in order after the medical intervention. Then, you can limit these visits to usual medical examination mode — once every six months. The unscheduled visit to an obstetrician-gynecologist should be applied only in pain, if there is non-menstrual bleeding, discomfort in the uterus area.
Myth №3. The IUD is fitted only during menstruation.
Not quite right. Making sure that there is no pregnancy, the coil can be fitted on any day. But the best time to insert it is in 1-2 days before menstruation. In those days the cervical canal is widened more than usual, so the insertion of the IUD will take place easier.
Our specialists will orient you in choosing the best method of contraception. Professionally fitted IUD — is one of them. Contact us, we will definitely help you.