What is the Botox? his word is familiar to almost everyone who aspires to be beautiful and attractive. It is known equally for men and women, paying enough attention to their appearance. Many of them are trying to eliminate the gravitational syndromes, hyperdynamic wrinkles on the face, which is accompanied our emotions, but with age,they are noticeable even at rest.
Dermatological indications of the Botox use
They can be aesthetic and not aesthetic: should be checked with your doctor dermatologis-cosmetologist.
Botox® is indicated for all types of wrinkles that are caused by constant muscle contraction. It includes:
- Глабелярный комплекс и вертикальные морщины хмурого взгляда.Разглаживает морщины.
- Glabellar complex and vertical frown wrinkles. It smoothes wrinkles.
- Crow’s feet. It reduces wrinkles from the outer corner of the eye.
- Rabbit line. It smooths the horizontal line of the nose. Выравнивает.
- Tuberosity chin. It evens the defect.
- Glabellar lines. Smooths vertical lines.
- Raising eyebrows. It relaxes the muscles, which lowers the eyebrow.
- Upper lip line. It smoothes wrinkles on the upper lip.
- Puppet wrinkles. It softens smile, reducing vertical wrinkles.
- Hyperhidrosis. Significantly reduces axillary sweating.
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles. It smoothes them.
Dynamic wrinkles can be treated better than static.
Localized axillary or palmar hyperhidrosis, which can’t be topically or systemically treated.
- Hyperkinetic facial wrinkles (glabellar lines, crow’s feet).
- Hypertrophic neck wrinkles.
- Violationsof the sweating, salivation and allergies.
- Axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis.
- Frey syndrome (the sweating in the parotid and cheeks area during food intake after the ear surgery).
- Drooling during cerebral palsy and other neurological disorders.
- Allergic Rhinitis.
- Strabismus and nystagmus.
- Hyperactive disorders of smooth muscles.
- Neurogenic bladder – detrusor muscle hyperreflexia, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Cardiac achalasia.
- Hemorrhoids, chronic anal fissures.
- Focal dystonia.
- Involuntary, continuous or spasmodic muscle activity.
- Cervical dystonia (spasmodic torticollis).
- Blepharospasm (closing of the eyelids).
- Dystonia of the laryngeal muscles, dystonia of the limbs, oromandibular dystonia, dystonia of the tongue muscles, dystonia of the trunk muscles.
- Muscle spasticity
- Nondystonic disorders of involuntary muscle activity, hemifacial spasms, lockjaw.
- Tremors, tics, myoclonic seizures. The chronic pain in the lower back.
- Tension headache.
- Chronic migraine.
- Headache with an overdose of drugs.
- Lateral epicondylitis.
- Neuropathic pain in the shoulder, knee.
- Diagnosed earlier motor neuron diseases, myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, neuropathy, and psychological instability.
- History of the reactions to the toxin or albumin.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Infection in the injection zone.
Some drugs that reduce neuromuscular transmission should be avoided in treating patients with botulinum toxin.
- Aminoglycosides (may enhance the effect of botulinum toxin).
- Penicillamine, quinine, chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (can reduce the effect).
- Calcium channel blockers and blood-thinning agents such as warfarin or aspirin (which may lead to hemorrhaging).
Preoperative counseling and informed consent
- The detailed consultation concerning the treatment should be carried out and the desired effects and the duration of the results must be discussed.
- The patient must fill out a detailed consent form. It should include the type of botulinum toxin, the expected duration of action, the need for re-treatment and possible postoperative complications.
- Photo before treatment is required.
- As with all aesthetic procedures, it is important for the clien to have realistic expectations.
Precautions after botulinum toxin injections
The introduction of Botox injections – it is the minimally invasive, painless procedure, traces of which are not visible in a few minutes. It is 1-3 days needed to see the real result of the Botox manipulation. Sometimes it can take up to 5 days. The maximum effect is achieved within 10-12 days. Sometimes Botox begins to act on the second day, and sometimes it takes 20-30 days. In 1% of cases there is resistance to botulinum toxin.
- Avoid stress in the area of injection for about 90 minutes to two hours: it helps the absorption of the toxin.
- not to drink alcohol during the day ;
- refrain from taking drugs that affect blood clotting;
- not to touch areas of the skin where the injection were conducted for 2 days;
- avoid slopes within a few hours after the treatment to avoid potential diffusion;
- Go home and relax immediately after the Botox injections. Do not do anything that causes stress, for a day or two, do not go in for sports and fitness.
- eliminate the overheating in the sauna, direct sunlight, do not point the hair dryer on the face during the week.
- refrain from laser and IPL (intense pulsed light) therapy, beauty treatments and facial massage for 1-2 weeks after the injection. It must minimize the offset and movement of the toxin (due to increased blood circulation and direct pressure) in the surrounding muscles.
The task of the doctor during the Botox injecting is not to completely immobilize the muscles that are responsible for the appearance of wrinkles. The art is in increasing the tone without changing the client’s natural facial expressions.
Botulinum toxin has the ability to temporarily block the nerve-muscle connection, without damaging either the muscle or nerve fibers.
The duration of Botox effect lasts 4-6 months. After this time the blocked neuromuscular connections restore. This is due to the fact that the new nerve endings grow back, the momentum transfer is resumed, muscle fibers begin to shrink again. To prevent the wrinkles formation, you must repeat the introduction about a year later.
After 3-5 procedures wrinkles may not appear until 1 year.
How much Botox do you need for the procedure
The measurement of Botox takes place in AU (action unit).
The price of Botox injections is dependent on the number of AU. The client should focus on the the approximate cost of the service. To do this, we give the average number of AU of Botox required for the correction of wrinkles.
- wrinkles of the upper lip – 2-4 AU
- Botox-lifting of the corners of the mouth – 4-6 AU
- “Crow’s feet” – 8-16 AU
- fold between the eyebrows – 8-25 AU
- horizontal forehead wrinkles – 4-15 AU
Inquire with your specialist for the detailed information. He will adjust the amount of medication based on your individual circumstances.
What age is the most effective for Botox
25 years – there is no evidence.
30-40 years, – it is possible to achieve the most desirable results.
50-60 years – it is possible to achieve a good effect, but it will be less noticeable than at younger ages.
After 60 years – Botox use is very limited.