What is infertility? It is inability to conceive a child for a year with regular sexual intercourse. That is the sexual encounter for two – a maximum of 5 days before the day of ovulation. It is not difficult to calculate:it is enough for the woman to conduct the menstrual cycle calendar. Today, many electronic programs send the reminders to the smartphone or iPhone about each monthly cycle and ovulation day. And yet, what if the couple hopelessly and long waits for pregnancy, and it isn’t occur?
The types of infertility:
- Male infertility..
- Female infertillity.
- Mixed (a problem is found in both partners).
Primary infertility is a condition when a woman had never been pregnant. Secondary – if at least one pregnancy has already happened; the couple may even have children, but following conceiving is impossible. This happens after the abortion or chronic inflammation of the reproductive organs.
Absolute infertility – the inability to conceive due to abnormalities of the reproductive system: no uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries in women; absence of sperm in men.
Relative infertility – one that is likely to be cured. Physiologically, the pair’s all right, but pregnancy does not occur. Every seventh couple in the world suffers from that kind of infertility.
The causes of infertility in women
According to data provided by the WHO, up to 80 million women suffer from infertility diagnosis, but not all of them come for the treatment, hoping for a miracle. But it’s not going to happen. First of all, it is necessary to determine the cause. The couple should be examined:both – man and woman. Let’s start with women.
Age of motherhood
Gynecologists suggest that after 35 years the chances of pregnancy are reduced dramatically. After this age, the diagnosis of “infertility” is not formed in a year, but after six months of regular sexual intercourse. Only when the couple is not protected, and pregnancy does not occur.
A woman’s childbearing potential is called fertility. It decreases after 35-37 years. The reason is the reduction in the number of oocytes. When analyzing how high the risk of infertility for women of all ages, details are as follows:
- 18-29 years – 10%
- 36-40 years – 15%
- from 41 year – more than 20%.
If not OK reproductive system, infertility in women can provoke such diseases:
- Adenomyosis (endometriosis).
- Intrauterine polyps.
- Ovarian cysts.
- Adhesions and commissures after abortion.
- Genital infections.
- Generation of antibodies to sperm (in other normal parameters).
Under these circumstances, for the woman is best to plan pregnancy only after getting rid of gynecological diseases.Female Infertility treatmentin this case requires more time and resources.
One of the most common problems -the disturbance of a hormonal background. The woman or her attentive relatives can identify the signs that the hormonal system is faltering.
- There is no sign of ovulation:
- basal temperature does not rise, remaining stable;
- Ovulation tests show a negative result.
- Spasmodic menstrual cycle (can be prolonged, or it comes ahead of schedule; abundant or scanty menses). Associated illnesses – amenorrhea, when there is no menstruation at all.
- Excessive hairiness: on the face, arms, legs and hips. Hair can grow from the pubis to the navel.
- The skin is oily and greasy, acne, or too dry
All this speaks of endocrine disruption, which the expectant mother can not even suspect. To determine the exact cause, the diagnosis is needed. And, besides the visit to the gynecologist, you will need the consultation with other specialists: a dermatologist, endocrinologist, mammologist, physiotherapist.
Diagnosis of female infertility
The clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko has the best diagnostic equipment in Kiev. Experienced diagnosticians will help to establish what provokedfemale infertility, and assign really work treatment regimen.
- Pelvic ultrasound
- A blood test for hormones
- Sowing (bacterial inoculation) of the cervical canal
- Karyotyping (cytogenetic study)
- Smears from the vagina, urethra, cervix
- PCR study on the probability of sexual infections
- Blood tests on sperm antibodies
- Diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndrome
- Cytology of the cervical canal and cervix
Blame a man?
Causes of male infertility can be hidden and at first glance does not relate to the inability of women to conceive. These include:
- Genital infections.
- Inflammation of the reproductive and urinary system (such as the epididymis).
- Varicocele (congestion by increasing the veins in the testicles).
- Reduced production and quality of the sperm due to prostatitis.
- Diseases experienced in childhood (parotiditis, mumps) – because of them suffer sexual glands of the younger boys.
- Obstruction of the ducts, causing infertility in men..
- Abnormalities of reproductive organs (eg, the structure of the testes).
To determine why the wife can not become pregnant, the man should turn to the urologist-andrologist. It will take time and patience to go through all the tests and start the high-quality treatment.
The best age for parenthood
The men, in matters of conception, are not as vulnerable to age as their second halves. Testosterone starts to be produced slowly only after 40 years. Go to 75 years, this figure is reduced by half as compared to 18-20 years. Yet the likelihood of becoming the father of a man is saved to an average of 65-70 years. There are instances when a man’s fertility is not endangered at 95.
Diagnosis of male infertility
The survey package of the potential father includes:
- a detailed medical history;
- necessarily – Spermogram;
- blood test for hormones (total and free testosterone, sex hormone binding globulin, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and so on.);
- Analysis for genital infections;
- Ultrasound of the testes and their appendages, the seminal vesicles, the prostate.
The pair has to be patient and tactful, because even the best European methods of infertility treatment do not give 100% results, and take time. The clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko developed effective schemes of innovative therapies. With them, the treatment of male infertility and increase of the ability of fertile in women is reduced significantly by terms.
Ultrasound Therapy BTL-5000
It is used for tubal infertility, prostatitis, inflammation of the reproductive organs. Sessions take from 6 to 15 minutes every day, it is required not less than 15. The effect is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, resolving, which increases the activity of sperm in males and of oocytes in females.
Pulse magnetotherapy BTL-09
The action of the magnetic field is directed to the removal of the process of inflammation and pain in diseases, provoking infertility: algomenorrhea (painful menstruation), adnexitis, endometriosis and others.
Ultrasound Therapy BTL-5000
It helps to cope with the chronic inflammatory processes, provoking infertility. Used in swelling, itching and irritation of the genitals, adnexitis, endometriosis, female tubal infertility, vulvar kraurosis, adhesive processes of the pelvic organs; prostatitis in men.
Methods of Intensive Care
Extracorporal fertilization is used when the conventional treatment of infertility in women or their partners does not give results. It consists of several stages: normalization of ovulation cycle, activation of follicular maturation, monitoring of sperm quality, and of oocytes; fertilization in the clinic.
The innovative method used in conjunction with IVF (effectiveness of the latter is 40-50%). This is a direct evacuation of sperm into the egg. It allows you to control the smallest deviation of the fertilization process.
Specialists of the clinic Medical Practice Dr. Danatsko developed more than a dozen of effective programs for the treatment of infertility in Kiev. Do not hesitate- address for professional help to us!