The human brain – is the most complex organ in people, that have not been studied by medicine until the end. The discovery of the MRI was a breakthrough in medicine, particularly for the study of the brain. Today, MRI of the head allows to diagnose a range of diseases: cancer, pathology, neurology, etc. health care network of clinics conducting brain MRI in Kiev, Mukachevo, Brovary and in Belaya Tserkov. You can contact any of our diagnostic centers and receive qualified diagnosis.
MRI of the brain is the most secure way to diagnose nervous system. Since the skull does not interfere with the study, the images always come out clear and the results are accurate. Since this type of diagnosis plays a significant role in the study of the nervous system – MRI of the spine and brain occupy about 90% of calls to the expert. In addition, modern equipment allows to create a 3D image, which gives more complete picture of the state of the body.
Indications for MRI of the brain:
1. Infectious lesions of the brain (encephalitis or abscess).
2. Traumatic brain injury (for the diagnosis of bleeding and bruises).
3. malformations or brain abnormalities.
4. Demyelinating disease (to determine the activity of pathological processes data).
5. The tumors in the brain:
- differentiation of malignant and benign tumors;
- planning and definition of the course of treatment (removal or combination therapy);
- estimation and planning of biopsy and stereotactic intervention.
6. Parasitic diseases.
7. Diseases of vessels:
- detection of aneurysms, vascular malignant tumors (vascular malformations);
- diagnosis of circulatory disorders in the brain (acute and chronic);
- identifying stenosis and occlusive diseases.
8. hypertension-hydrocephalic syndrome:
- Identifying the causes of increased intracranial pressure;
- assessment of liquor;
- determine the degree of obstruction in the presence of occlusive hydrocephalus;
- determining the status of the ventricular system in the presence of non obstructive hydrocephalus.
9. Damage to eyes or upper respiratory tract, as well as related diseases:
- identification of hemorrhages in the eye sockets;
- identification of tumors, evaluation of malignancy and spread;
- diagnostics of gemosinus;
- the detection of foreign objects in orbit or paranasal sinuses.
10. The effectiveness of the treatment process in the presence of diseases and injuries in the area of the brain.
Contraindications to MRI of the head
Despite all the advantages of this method, it has its contraindications which are divided into absolute and relative. In the relative contraindications of the study it is possible, but not necessary to establish specific conditions. These contraindications include:
- Nerve stimulators
- Non-ferromagnetic implants in the inner ear
- insulin pumps
- Prosthetic heart valves
- Heart failure
If the patient has an absolute contraindication, then MRI is strictly prohibited. Absolute contraindications:
- Hemostatic clips of brain vessels
- Ferromagnetic devices and implants
- Metal implants
In addition, MRI is prohibited in the presence of any of the metal elements. If there are tattoos on your body, then you need to know is whether the metal compounds in the composition of the dye. Piercing should also be extracted to the time of the procedure.